Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
10:44 AM PST
National Weather Service
The Flood Warning continues for
the Humboldt River at Comus.
* Until further notice.
* At 9:15 am Tuesday the stage was 11.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.5 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to a stage of 11.0 feet
by early tomorrow.
* Impact... at 11.0 feet... moderate to major lowland flooding
throughout reach. Many rural roads near river flooded. Minor to
moderate flooding in lower portions of Winnemucca. Main area
impacted is between uprr and Golconda street on west and second
street on the east, beneath i80. 3800 cfs, about a 14 year flood, 7
percent chance any year. Similar to floods of June 1921 and April
Lat... Lon 4103 11702 4070 11705 4090 11762 4087 11800 4118 11795
1014 am PST Tue Feb 21 2017
... Flood Warning extended until Wednesday morning... the Flood Warning
the Martin Creek near Paradise Valley.
* Until Wednesday morning.
* At 9:00 am Tuesday the stage was 6.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 5.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact... at 6.3 feet... minor flooding occurs.
Lat... Lon 4159 11738 4157 11732 4104 11753 4105 11772 4155 11753
243 am PST Mon Feb 20 2017
The National Weather Service in Elko Nevada has issued a
* Flood Warning for urban areas and small streams in...
Humboldt County in northwestern Nevada...
north central Lander County in north central Nevada...
northwestern Elko County in northeastern Nevada...
* until 230 am PST Wednesday
* at 235 am PST, a Pacific flow of moisture is entering western
Humboldt County. Through Tuesday night, flooding can be expected
across Humboldt County and along the Humboldt River west of Battle
Mountain through Humboldt County to the Pershing County line. The
Humboldt River near Winnemucca and Martin Creek in Paradise Valley
are already running high and a substantial amount of rain is
forecast. There will be more rain on high elevation snow as well
that will add to the flood potential. Some areas could receive
over an inch of rain from today through early Wednesday.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Winnemucca, Golconda, Valmy, Kings River Valley, McDermitt, Leonard
creek ranch, Paradise Valley, Orovada, Denio, dufferena, Denio
Summit, Golconda Summit, Summit Lake, onion Reservoir, chimney Dam
Reservoir, Winnemucca Airport, Trenton Canyon mine, Adam Peak,
Thacker Pass and Paradise Hill Summit.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Please report flooding to your local law enforcement agency when you
can do so safely.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring. All
interested parties should take necessary precautions immediately.
Lat... Lon 4200 11688 4087 11688 4054 11703 4058 11730
4068 11731 4069 11764 4086 11765 4086 11878
4096 11881 4096 11933 4199 11932